Friday, January 24, 2014

prurient - washed against the rocks.



Prurient - Washed Against The Rocks

10:24

19.27 MB

1. Doors Closed In Secrecy
2. Washed Against The Rocks



full disclosure: I haven't fully listened to this yet, so I can't comment on the quality. one track has some synths and little hints of melody, the other is harsh and loaded with static.

but let's be real - this is prurient, who I would say is the most important noise artist of the last decade plus, and any new release is cause for celebration. after this EP on handmade birds, he'll be releasing a new full-length later this year via profound lore.

and he's currently on tour. my girlfriend and I got back from seeing him perform at saint vitus in brooklyn just a few hours ago, and it was one of the best performances I've seen in a long, long time. fernow knows how to put on a show like few others and demonstrated that fact superbly tonight.

copies are still available from thrill jockey on both white and blue-in-clear vinyl so grab one while you can - each color is limited to just 250 copies.




(buy a copy from thrill jockey.)


(for preview purposes only.)




2 comments:

  1. A name I know, but I'm not that familiar with his work... thanks for the opportunity to have a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this! the st vitus show was great, really glad i picked up a copy of this at the show

    ReplyDelete